Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

i realize it has been so long since i've actually updated, but katelyn and i have been stuck indoors for the past two weeks with colds. so naturally, blogging got pushed to the side. thankfully we are now feeling much better.

we had a wonderful easter weekend. katelyn got to go to a friend's birthday party where she hunted for easter eggs. she was a little confused at first. she couldn't figure out why we were telling her to put the plastic eggs into her basket. that is until she realized there was candy inside.

she also got to experience decorating eggs for the first time. the back of the dying box said that the dye was non-toxic, so we let katelyn have at it. by the end she had one dark green hand and no amount of soap and water was going to take it off. so now she keeps walking around the house telling me, "it's green!" over and over again.

on sunday katelyn got to wear her new, cute easter dress and she got to see what was in her easter basket. that was a pretty quick affair. we basically showed the candy then hid it away after she had a couple of pieces. that girl can down the sweets. we had a lovely stake conference that morning where we were reminded of what easter is really about. then that evening we had a nice fhe as a family where we talked about the real reason for this easter holiday. although i don't think it sunk in at all for katelyn, i was grateful that we took the time to do this to remind ourselves about the Savior and of His resurrection.

we hope you had a wonderful easter!

6 comments:

Shamaine said...

I just can't get enough of katelyn, she's just so cute! I'm glad you two are feeling better. Can't wait to hear more about how you're feeling.

modell said...

We are so glad that you two are feeling better! Those colds seemed to last forever this time. That's hilarious about Katelyn's green hand! Aren't holidays the best with kids?

Linde said...

Sounds like you had a great day! That is so fun with Katelyn. To watch them figure out the holidays and what comes with them. Not only that, but that mom and dad let them actually have the treats! :)

Michelleo said...

Brooke, could you leave a message on Heidi's blog to invite me to it? I can't get on there. Plus I'm so so glad you updated! Yay!

Rob & Shauna said...

Yay - an update! glad to hear you're feeling better! Katelyn is just so dang cute!

Tara said...

I'm so embarrassed. I recently started a new blog to use as a private journal, but when I set it up, I accidentally "hid" my regular blog and displayed my private blog (which is the blog you saw and left your comment on). If you want to see my regular blog, instead of my whiny personal journal, you can click on my profile. It SHOULD be the only blog displayed (The Three Musketeers). My (red-faced) apologies.