Tuesday, April 28, 2009

another test week come and gone

wow. i'm shocked that it is almost may. i swear it was just yesterday that we were starting medical school, and i was left thinking that we had four whole years to go. but what was i thinking? now i'm sitting here saying that we only have three years left. again, wow. i can't believe how quickly this time has flown by.
tyler recently finished his second to last week of tests. congrats to him i say. that means he has put in so many hours of studying that i don't even dare count. but we are so proud of his hard work. he has accomplished so much in just one year. what a smartie.

as for katelyn and i, well, i can't say we were working so hard. no, we played hard. you see, during these test weeks, you don't see your husband so much. we try to find fun things to do together and with friends to keep us occupied. this is what we did.

we made sugar cookies

ryan and katelyn. they were each give a little ball of cookie dough to lay out and cut shapes out of. they both kept laughing and smiling the whole time.

and of course they both did their fair share of taste testing too.


this is ryan's "cheese" face. i thought it was pretty funny because he almost looks mad, but he's not. he probably had the most fun out of the two kids. oh, and notice the dough in his mouth. more taste testing.

katelyn felt it was her job to make sure we had plenty of flour on the counter. she took it very seriously.

all done.

we went to the park


this is katelyn's best little friend, eliza, or as katelyn likes to call her, ziza. they follow each other all over and love to hold hands together. it really is quite cute.

and to top off the test week, we went to a barbeque

it was turned out to be the perfect day for a bbq. the weather got up in the 80's. we got to pull out the shorts and sandels. katelyn stayed entertained that evening with sidewalk chalk and croquet balls.

just some of the ladies that were present. the roberts were so kind to host this. they invited all of the first years and some of the second years too. it was a great crowd with some good food.
now this week we are patiently waiting for our ultrasound appointment. we find out the gender of the baby tomorrow.

8 comments:

Tara said...

I love the full sized aprons on the kids - so cute! And that's so exciting that THE ultrasound is tomorrow!!

Leslie said...

you better post TOMORROW what you find out at that ultrasound!!! we wanna know! :)

Robyn said...

I can't believe you're 20 weeks along! You're not even showing! :) We'll be waiting!

Linde said...

Such cute pictures of the kids doing cookies! Fun BBQ too!

Can't wait to hear what you're having!

DeVries Fam said...

That first picture of Katelyn is the best one I have seen so far! I LOVE it. You need to post more pictures like this so I can stare at my niece during work. It gets me through the day.

Becca said...

I love Ryan's "cheese" face. He is a cutie!

Katelyn is so cute with her friends. What a great mommy you are to give her opportunities to make friends!

Congrats on getting through the first year of med school. I look forward to your next post!

Sarah said...

It sounds like you found out the gender today... do share when you get a second to post!

Can I steal the pic of us girls? I don't have too many of us and I want to post it on my blog! Cute sugar cookie pics!

Dave and Kathryn Dodds said...

So fun! Of course, I'd always rather be with my hubby...but there is a certain charm to those test weeks with good friends all around! What will we all do when we're established? Last week we had a cupcake party that looked a LOT like your sugar cookie party!