tyler and i went in for our 20 week ultrasound today to find out the health and gender of our baby. tyler had decided before hand that he really wanted a boy, and i was undecided. as soon as the sonogram popped up tyler spied the gender. i happened to miss it, but heard the nurse using a gender specific pronoun during the ultrasound. once the nurse got a clear shot there was NO mistaking that we are having a healthy little...
sorry for the extremely poor quality. we couldn't get our scanner to work, so i took a picture of a picture. not so good, but i think you get the point.
boy!
i did have my suspicions. i felt this kid move at 14 weeks, and this wasn't just that subtle butterfly feeling. it was a hard kick. and ever since then the hard kicks haven't stopped. i just assumed that hard kick=boy. well come to find out that because your uterus has a front and a back, the placenta can attach to either one. my doctor said that the placenta is most likely in the back meaning there is not nearly as much cushion to block the movement of the baby. makes sense. and hey, it's been tons of fun to feel the baby so well already.
we are very excited to have a boy and a girl. i honestly thought either one would be fun, but will admit that a boy makes me a little nervous. i'm so used to everything girl. i'm not sure i know how to raise a boy.
5 months
30 comments:
Yea! Boys are so fun! They are so wild and crazy, but are SO cuddly and lovey. My Ryan is especially lovey and gives me kisses all the time! I'm also getting really good at noticing every single "tuck" (truck) that drives by, since he now knows what they are! But, alas, coming from a family of girls, like you, with an older brother, there have been many surprises, such as, WHERE does all of his energy come from and WHY does he always have to throw, or push something? (or someone...) You're going to have SO much fun with both!!!
Hooray! How exciting that you guys will have a girl & boy now! Katelyn is going to be such a cute big sister! Very interesting facts about the placenta. Feeling those little kicks is seriously one of the greatest things!
Congratulations! That's so exciting!! I felt the same way when I found out that my second baby was a boy - excited, but also scared to death! I've always heard that boys were easier, but I never believed anyone because they just seemed so...foreign. Lol. Now I know that (in my experience, at least) it's totally true. Boys are fun and at this age I think they are a lot lower maintainance than girls. Congratulations, again!
brooke, you look darling. and congratulations!!! i personally love having a boy and a girl. they're so different but so cute together. you'll love having a boy.
Ahh, yea!!! I am SO SO SO excited for you! I understand what you mean, I am terrified to have a boy. But hey, if everyone says they are easier than it should be a piece of cake, right? Haha! For some reason I really thought you would have another girl! Guess I was wrong! Congratulations, I am SO excited for you guys... YEA!!!!
By the way, I forgot to say you look ADORABLE and tiny! We love and miss you guys!
how great, you guys! that will be so fun to have one of each :)
Congratulations! I'm sure the grandparents are VERY excited, too.
brooke,
i was curious to see what you were having. i bet your husband is so excited!!! there is such a huge difference between boys and girls. nolan is so in to his cars and balls and wrestling and all his girl friends are in to dolls, make up, dress up. and i didn't even teach him to love the manly stuff at all! i can't wait for you to have this little guy! let me know if you need anything.
Congrats!!! You will love having both a little girl and a little boy! They are so different but both so fun! Your sweet girl will be a good lil' mommy helper! :-) You look fabulous too for being 5 months!!
Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you. You're teeny weeny! I was that size...before I was pregnant. Dang it. :) You're looking great. That's awesome you can feel him so well already. I hardly felt Audrey for a long time, and I think it was because my placenta was on the front wall of my uterus. Having both genders really is awesome. Boys really are fun. :) You'll love it. Katelyn will love having a baby brother! What a cute little family. :) Miss you guys!
congratulations! i'm so happy for you guys.
and as most new yorkers would say - 'you're done!' because you have your boy + girl. :) i'm kidding of course, but they really would say that.
Congratulations! Boys are easy and lots of fun. You will love it. I'd have a dozen boys if I could.
congrats kids! boys are the best! glad everything is healthy and on track.
Yea! You'll love having a boy. They are soooo much fun! I know what you mean--being a girl and having a girl, but it will be great!
You hardly look pregnant!
yay! congrats! that's so fun. You'll have to have another shower for cute boy clothes!
Congrats! So exciting!
hooray for boys! babies are so fun. and all kids are different, boy or girl, so it's always fun to see how different your own kids are! good luck with the remainder of your pregnancy!
Congratulations, Brooke! How exciting! How are you guys liking Wisconsin? Glad to know that you also live in "America's Dairyland."
Amy
Congrats! We're fans of boys. You'll love it.
Yea, we are so excited for you.
Congratulations!! I'm sure you'll love having a boy just as much as you love your little girl. BTW you look darling! I can't belive you're five months pregnant!!
Congrats!! Boys are so fun! You look so cute and tiny! Love it!
Is Katelyn excited to be a big sister and have a little brother?!!!
YAAAAY! Boys are so fun!
Wow, Congrats Brookie! You really look tiny for 5 months!
Congratulations! That will be so much fun! You look great, by the way.
Yay, congratulations. 5 months and you're still REALLY skinny! I remember my ultrasound...there was no mistaking he was a boy too. :) Don't worry I'm trying to work on updating my blog. Who knew it would be so hard to find the time after having a baby. :)
Congratulations! I wish I looked that skinny when I'm not pregnant. You are so cute!
You are gonna love a boy! I know how you feel though. I did not know what I was going to do when I found out I was having a boy after my four girls, but now with my 2 boys, I wouldn't trade them for anything! They melt my heart! Congratulations!
Post a Comment