Monday, June 1, 2009

stick a fork in him, he's done...with his first year at least

tyler has officially finished his first year of medical college. i'm so proud of all of his hard work this past year, and know that he will continue to work just as hard these next three years. not only did he work hard studying, but he also worked hard at being a wonderful husband and father. i can honestly say that i never felt neglected or overwhelmed with my responsibilities as a wife and mother, and that's saying a lot when your husband is quite busy with his responsibilities. here's to the next three years!

we had a couple of fellow first years organize a little get together to celebrate the end of year one. i'm a picture person and made everyone get together for a couple of pictures. i realize not everyone is as enthusiastic about taking lots of pictures, and i definitely heard some grumbles from some husbands :), but hopefully one day, they'll appreciate these too.

the men, very happy to be done.


most of the first years were able to attend.


and of course katelyn was there stuffing her face full of cupcakes and enjoying the freedom of running around.

8 comments:

Heidi said...

Good job Tyler and Brooke! That is great to have completed 1/4 of it! May the next 3/4 go as well and as fast! BTW, Katelyn is so cute in her pics.

Dave and Kathryn Dodds said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so happy for you!
On a cool sidenote...I didn't know the Brinkerhoffs were with you guys...they were in my Banbridge ward before I married Dave. Tell them hi!
Katelyn looks adorable...what I wouldn't do for some pigtails like that over here!
I hope you're feeling well Brooke! I'm sure you're looking fabulous!

Rob & Shauna said...

Way to go Tyler (and Brooke!) We're so excited you made it through your first year!

Leslie said...

Brooke, what's your email and I'll send you the story that way. :) Then no one else has to suffer through the ordeal or reading it too. :) It is quite funny though.

Linde said...

I think you are so good to do these pictures! They WILL be glad you took them when they are 50, graying and wondering if they were ever young. :)

What are you doing this summer? Does Tyler have any school?

Shamaine said...

Congratulations on the first year! I love pictures too! Good for you for taking some.

Jared and Karissa said...

Oh.....the group shot REALLY makes me miss Milwaukee (wipe a tear...)! But, YAY!!!! that first YEAR IS DONE!! WAHOO!!!!

Linzi Lou, Samantha Boo, Madi Moo, and Chris too said...

AHHHHHHH so nice to say you have one year done! Soon it will be two, then three......