Sunday, June 7, 2009

fun in the sun

when the sun is out, and it's warm outside, i just can't find any excuses to stay inside, so i head out. it's a perfect situation for both katelyn and i. she gets out to run around and play with her toys, and i get to sit and read. no wonder they call it the lazy days of summer.

this time around katelyn chose to play in the little sandbox that we have in our driveway. i was a little surprised by this choice because it was so warm outside. sand can get pretty hot in the sun, but she braved it and played away.

first the shoes come off. you can't play in sand properly without the removal of your shoes.

this is mainly what she does in the sandbox. shovel up the sand and watch it drop. maybe her second favorite thing is shoveling the sand up and throwing it out of the sandbox, although that is not my favorite thing for her to do.

an attempt at a sand castle?
we love being outside and can't wait until the weather stays consistenty warm to do this more often!

1 comment:

Shamaine said...

FUN! I can't wait till Hayden can play in a sandbox or outside. I would love to sit in the sun! Well, I guess I can wait...I'll just take it as it comes for now. :) Still can't belive how big she's getting, very cute! I'm still wondering how things are going for you?