Saturday, July 5, 2008

Let Freedom Ring

Happy 4th of July! Don't you just love this holiday? What better way to celebrate the fourth than with a parade, some good food and family?
We took Katelyn to the Freedom Festival parade in Provo. She loved watching all of the entertainment.

She even clapped when all of the bands walked by.

Later that afternoon we had a bbq with the family. Sadly, this was really the only picture we took. This is my sister taking a picture of our group.

Tyler and I didn't get to see fireworks this year. Katelyn woke up at five that morning, so we opted out and decided to let her go to sleep instead. Instead, we entertained ourselves with some sparklers. We had heard that you could make shapes with your sparklers and take some pictures, so we tried it out. We actually have quite a few pictures of different letters and shapes, but have decided to spare you and only show you our initials.

Happy Fourth!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! I didn't know you could make shapes with sparklers!!! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Shamaine said...

I didn't know that you could do that either...now I want to try it. We still have a lot of sparklers left. :)

Tiffany said...

Cool letters! We went for the last hour of the Provo parade, there were tons of people. It was fun.

Dave and Kathryn Dodds said...

I'm so impressed with your sparkler skills...
Katelyn looks SO cute in her 4th of July outfit!

Becca said...

I love the picture of Katelyn clapping!

Jason & Natashia McLean Family said...

the letters look cool!

karla said...

Cool sparkler pictures!