It's been decided. We are going to Wisconsin for medical school. Medical College of Wisconsin that is.
I know what you all are thinking though. Why Wisconsin? I asked myself that same question when Tyler applied. I asked it again when he went to interview, and I asked it one more time when we decided to attend.
But I've been doing a lot of research about Wisconsin to see what kind of a place we'll be raising our family in. And I've now been asking myself the queston, why wouldn't we move to Wisconsin? It's a place where the they host a State Cow Chip Throwing contest (yes, you read that correctly) and where you can find the Hamburger Hall of Fame. Wisconsin is also the jump roping capital of the world, the Swiss Cheese capital of the world, and the Toilet Paper capital of the world. Wow. Are you getting jealous yet?
Okay...in all seriousness, we are looking forward to Wisconsin. I'm very proud of Tyler for all of his hard work at BYU and while he was applying for medical school. I am also excited for him to enter medical school!
I also have really been doing research and it seems like a beautiful place to live. We will be living very close to Lake Michigan and to some beautiful light houses. Because of the varied landscapes of Wisconsin there are many outdoor recreational activities available. There are national parks and I've heard the people are so friendly. I've also been looking at the housing that is available. I was really worried we would have to downsize, but it looks like everything is pretty spacious. Plus, it's not too far from The Windy City, Chicago.

Milwaukee at night. It looks promising.
15 comments:
It sounds like you'll have a really good time in Wisconsin! Dave and I will really miss the three of you! But, we're hopefully moving within a year anyway. It's just sad saying good-bye to really good friends! But I look forward to all your blogs in the future! ;)
You'll be closer to us!!!! We'll meet in Chicago some weekend...
We're sad that you won't be here. We had visions of you living by us and the Browns...tears.
You'll also be next door to the great state of Minnesota, home to the Spam Museum and the second largest state fair in the U.S. (Of course, Texas has the biggest, but whatever.:) There's a lot of bright spots in Wisconsin. Oh, and they give lots of drivers licenses to illegal aliens...From what I've heard.
I just saw your parents at my parents house and it sounds like you will have a fun time with the fam before you leave for the swiss cheese capital. Very exciting! Also, I mentioned to your dad that I was reading your and Michelle's blogs and he looked quizzically at me and asked, "Brooke and Michelle have blogs?" :)
Heidi
Tyler going to medical school? Who knew! Just kidding, we all know you're a smart cookie...I just had no idea you were going to go into the medical field! Good for you and congratulations! Oh, and Gooo Paaackers! (you have to say it with the Wisconsin accent, of course)
Congrats!!! Maybe Katelyn will develop a Wisconsin accent as she learns to talk! I think it would be cute!
congrats you guys! that is really exciting. what an adventure.
wow! congrats guys! looks like you'll have fun wherever you go!
Congrats! If you love cheese like I do, Wisconsin will be a great place to call home. :)
My uncle actually lives in Wisconsin. They like it. You would love wherever you went...we just have no choice in that, eh? I think Brad will end up in Nevada but Arizona is an option as well. Do you know when you're going to move yet?
Jen
I agree that Wisconsin (and the surrounding areas) are a great place to raise a family. I lived in Wisconsin for a month or two and loved it. Congratulations! When do you move? We need to get together one last time before then!
I've really tasted WI cheese and it really is as good as they say it is!
Congrats Hedin family! Oh you guys will do great there!
Wow, well good luck!
I think Mark Delorey's from Wisconsin. He seems like a pretty cool guy...
Good to find you Hedin's. Congratulations. You'll love it.
Post a Comment