1. You find yourself humming "Old McDonald" while cleaning your house.
2. Your 'you' time consists of your ten minutes in the shower.
3. You've read more children's books in the last four months than any other kind of book in your entire lifetime.
4. A night in the town means taking the kids out past six p.m.
5. You ask where the 'potty' is.
6. Your vocabulary lately consists of hi, bye, ma-ma, da-da, and more.
7. You hide in the bathroom to be alone.
8. You hire a sitter, but spend half the night checking in on the kids.
9. You keep buying clothes, but they're not for you.
10. You consider parenting to be the best job in the world and wouldn't trade it for anything.
Have anymore reasons that make it obvious you're a mom? Post them below!
4 comments:
Haha, you hide in the bathroom to be alone? That's one of the funniest thing's I've heard! I guess it's good to sometimes take a breather for a few minutes... I just have never heard of doing that!
Oh, I have a million of these...
You've had the thought cross your mind that it really wouldn't look that weird if you grew an extra arm, you wake up to the baby crying and feel guilty if you go to the bathroom before going to get him, you've stopped wearing all jewelry as a measure of protection, you work all day cleaning the house so it looks like kids DON'T live there before your husband comes home.
I love this list! I can totally relate to the coveted alone time in the shower! Here's one, you find yourself genuinely entertained by your kid's toys.
amen! what a great list. And I agree, parenting is the best job in the world and I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Post a Comment