Monday, April 4, 2011

dance recital

this year decided to enrolled katelyn in a dance class with her little friends. it was a great arrangement because a friend of ours in our ward was teaching the class, so it was nearby in her own home. katelyn loved having dance, and although she probably wasn't the most coordinated, she did very well and learned a lot. she often came home showing us what she had learned.

this last week was the big dance recital to show off the dances all of the girls had learned. as a parent, it was such a cute thing to watch. i think katelyn and all of her friends were incredibly excited that night. i think it was even more fun that they were all there together in their pretty costumes. of course all of the moms were snapping pictures of their little girls.


before the recital with her teddy bear prop and her cheesy grin.


one of katelyn's dance poses.


katelyn and her good friend eliza. probably my favorite picture from the whole night.

and i honestly couldn't narrow down these pictures of these girls together. i love any pictures of katelyn with her friends.









and of course the teachers. i know katelyn loved her teachers, and it's because of them that she had so much fun.

a href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgjinh80q_nNyojoRy0TjT1uqIK6i8nYwlZ5jAU7BFKPdKOOLsxqdPl3zZS05-ezZfS3Wpe1UZqY1wNlsC3Y1g83wz0NUF181esK2-Od6AM9ZJOODDlrD9HwJ4HDl2NlHXOpyXu7EC0Tua1/s1600/katelynwithmelissa.jpg">
miss melissa


miss jenna

and of course the video recording of the recital. maybe a little long for anyone who isn't related to my daughter.
we were pretty impressed with katelyn. she did really well and knew the dance! we're proud of her!


Untitled from brooke hedin on Vimeo.

9 comments:

DeVries Fam said...

Wow! She was really good in that dance, she knew all of the moves and was right on time and the whole thing was really stinkin cute. Thanks for posting! I'm going to go watch it again.

Kaitlin said...

katelyn really did know her stuff! they all looked adorable. i can't wait for eliza to take dance--it looks like a lot of fun.

Rachel and Dan said...

Woah. What a great dancer! She really had that down. I'm seriously impressed.

modell said...

Thank you for posting all of these great pictures (and the past couple posts too)! I absolutely LOVE the picture of our girls at the recital. Definitely my favorite one of the night as well! I couldn't help but watch your video, Katelyn is such a cute dancer and did such a great job with all the steps. My favorite was her cute little smile, love that girl!

Brad said...

Such cute girls, love them all! Katelyn seems like the star. I loved watching her.

Jana said...

I am sorry I was logged into Brad's email, the comment was from me, Jana!

Taylor Jewell said...

I love that video. She was the best one out there. So cute. Hope you guys are doing good.

Debra said...

Katelyn was so cute! I'm so glad you posted that. She was just great and knew all the steps. I loved watching it!

Jill said...

Nothing is better than little girls in pink tutus & tights. Katelyn did SO well!