Wednesday, December 3, 2008

lovin' family and lovin' vacations

this vacation definitely goes down as one of my favorites so far. why you ask? because i was with my family. my complete family. every single sister, brother, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, neice and nephew were all there. and we all get along and have fun together. sure it's a little crazy sometimes, or maybe very crazy all of the time, but that's the only way i would have it.

we started off the vacation with my youngest sister getting married. both of them were extremely happy and my sister looked beautiful.

the women spent the morning making thanksgiving dinner while all of the men played in a flag football tournament. then we ate our delicious dinner. this year we had three tables set up to accomodate everyone. this was the first year we had a designated "kid table." they loved it. of course they would...no adult supervision! i don't think they realize that the adults loved it better. then the women happily turned all of the cleaning duties over to the men.

spending quality time with each other.

spening some quality time with the kiddos.

spending some quality time with the adults.

spending some quality time feeding the ducks.

and not spending enough quality time spleeping.
this year we left with only 1 er visit, 6 people throwing up, 5 upset stomachs, a couple of colds and tons of great memories.

and for your viewing pleasure-mike joined our family this past august. he was obviously holding out on us because we never knew that he had this cool talent.

13 comments:

Becca said...

Can Mike come over and help me read to James?

Shaunanana said...

I'm so glad you posted Mike's "beat". Ginny loved that and we had such a great time with you!

Megan said...

Fun Thanksgiving!! And Mike, now that's a cool guy. Seriously, maybe I should learn to do that so Andrew would listen to stories instead of reading them to himself. Story time is personal time for him...Weird. PS. Are you guys coming to Utah for Christmas?

lisa said...

Looks like you had a great time. Got to love spending time with family!

Heidi said...

I'm glad you all had so much fun! And I am VERY impressed with Mike! I love the beat boxing! :)

Dave and Kathryn Dodds said...

That is hilarious! Man, you guys got lucky. Everyone needs a soundeffects man in the family!

I'm so happy for you having a huge Thanksgiving! I was so lonesome for my sisters and brother! I can't wait until we can all get together again!

modell said...

How fun that your entire family was there! That stinks that several people got sick. I guess it is pretty hard to avoid it when that many people get together during the holiday sick season. I loved that story video. What a cool talent!

Linde said...

Fun to see all of your pictures! Looks like you had a great time. Tell the newlyweds to get pictures posted. I want to see them. :)

Linzi Lou, Samantha Boo, Madi Moo, and Chris too said...

I am trying to figure out what temple that is that your sister got married in, I guess I have forgotten what temples look like! I really enjoy the stuffed animal in the mouth while sleeping, what a great way to keep a kid quite!

Sarah said...

What a great Thanksgiving to have your sister married and to all be together. For my family it's getting harder and harder to all get together-- makes the moments we are so sweet.

Sally said...

love the elephant binkie thing. and i hope sam never meets your amazing story-teller family members, or he'll never be satisfied with my abilities again... that seemed like a you tube video! (it's awesome!)

kristina said...

It looks and sounds like you all had soo much fun! I love to get together with my family too. There is nothin like it! The wedding picture is so cute! But then again, so is your whole family!!

Joy Hollingshaus said...

Loved the pictures of everyone! The wedding pic is awesome. And who knew Mike had so many amazing talents?? Seriously, that was great! Did he learn to do that in Oakland?