Sunday, June 1, 2008

Piggies

When Katelyn was first born, I remember imagining what she would look like as a one year old. I remember thinking that she would have a full head of beautiful brown hair, and that I would always be pulling it back to make some cute little piggy tales. Every mother of a little gir dreams that, right? So I stocked up on rubber bands, hair bows--you name it--all in anticipation of that momentous day.
Well, that day didn't ever really arrive. At least not the one where she had a full head of hair. But I finally decided that she does have enough to pull back into two cute little piggies on the top of her head. Sure, she could still grow a little more hair. Sure, her bows look pretty big next to her piggies, but it works.
If you look closely, you might actually see some hair sticking up by the bows.
Katelyn with her cute piggies (At least we think they're cute, but we're biased).
Katelyn with daddy after church.

Another shot of Katelyn in her piggie AND proving that she does crawl. She likes to show that off now.

11 comments:

Leslie said...

Those are sooooo cute! I remember doing that with Maddix the first time. She barely had anything either and I was really stretching it but it was still the cutest thing to us! I think Milee's hair was like 3 inches long before I even tried to do 2 pig tails on her. Before that it was just a top knot. :) Katelyn is such a cutie!

The Mayfield Farm said...

It will not be long before that cute little girl has you chasing her...she will get up and walk.

Shamaine said...

I love it! She was so cute at church!

lisa said...

How cute! She is darling.

Sally said...

wow you have a cute kid. and i think it's obvious that the piggies are the cutest thing ever. but, i will say, i think the piggies should more accurately be called piglets.

Kacey and Drew said...

I love the pig tails! I am a little jelous of all this fun girl stuff though... :)

Tyler Waterfall said...

I love that smile in the first picture. We miss you guys and can't wait to have you in Wisconsin!

Leslie said...

I tagged you on my blog so you'll have to check that out and the best, best, best place to buy hair elastics for little girls is at Sally's. There's one right next to Smiths. They sell them in bags of 250 and 500 and the bag of 500 is $1.69! They're the best! Super stretchy and they don't break hair either! Fantastic! And with 500? You won't have to buy them very often but for $1.69? Who cares if you lose half of them to Katelyn getting into them? :)

mare said...

hey ty-- I saw your mom the other day at Dick's and she said you guys were off to med school-- sounds fun- good luck! Anyway, just thought I'd say hi, and your little girl really is a darling.

Becca said...

oh, I love it! She is so darling! I love the piggies and I love her outfit. Most of all, I love her darling smile!

karla said...

So, so cute!