Thursday, December 2, 2010

leaves, leaves, leaves

remember my last post how i promised to post about our leaf activity? remember how i promised to post it soon? yeah, that didn't happen, but at least i'm eventually getting to it.

this leaf activity was so fun. i saw this idea in the family fun magazine (always has great ideas in it by the way) and decided to try it. which led us to getting outside, taking a walk, taking lots of pictures and eventually back inside to our art project. normally i just get katelyn started and tidy up the kitchen while she's working, but like i said, this project was pretty fun, so i joined in and painted with her. i highly recommend this project for next year if you're interested.



katelyn knows the routine now. spread newspaper at the end of the table, put the art smock on, wait for mom to get paint, water and paper towel ready and start project.



i ditched the kid paint for this project and let her use my paints from the craft store. they worked perfectly on the leaves.



the finished product.

4 comments:

Debra said...

I love the leaves and that girl is pretty cute too!

Brad and Kjirstin said...

I love how Katelyn looks so serious as she paints. And I have to say the leaves look great, I am actually thinking I need to remember that for next year for myself too.

Jill said...

I love the fall art project, darling.

Linde said...

That is soo cute!! Great idea.