Monday, August 2, 2010

bug watching

katelyn is obsessed with bugs. not as in catching and collecting bugs, but as in finding them and killing them. she is not a big fan. i think she developed her dislike for bugs from me, but i promise i tried really hard to act brave.

one of her new favorite past times on the way out to the car is to stop and find some kind of bug, it doesn't matter what, watching it for a bit, then stomping on it.



this girl has a great sense of style. her brothers link chains as bracelets? who would have thought?



you can't forget the sunglasses while bug watching.



found one. and did anyone notice how short katelyn's hair is? the back of her hair has been cut at least 4-5 times in her short three years of life, but not the front. it's taking forever to grow!

7 comments:

Jenna Anderson said...

So cute! I love the glasses! I hope we can get together sometime this week.

Unknown said...

She is getting so big and cute!! I'm beginning to think she and Lyla are kindred spirits. Lyla also loves to find bugs and squish them. And her hair seems to only be growing in the back and not the front. And both have dark hair and big blue eyes.

And by the way, thanks for your comment on our last post. I'm glad I can look at you guys and know that you've been successful!

Unknown said...

Cute. I love the bracelets. Seriously. I keep cutting Audrey's hair in the back, too, just hoping that sometime soon the top will catch up to it. Oh, the joys of hair. I'm kind of worried that our baby boy will have more hair than our baby girl! I guess we'll see...

Shaun and Emily said...

Saw your address on Hailey's blog. It's fun to see some pictures of some of my cousins and their kids. Feel free to check out our blog. http://www.shaun-emily.blogspot.com

Jill said...

your little crazy is so spunky. i think she is one of the funniest little girls i know. so full of personality. i really need to call you more often and hang out. it is always a good time.
ps. heard about your tires. i really hope you have good insurance. if not, good luck my friend. i'm so sorry that someone picked you. there are some real losers out there. i'll give you a call in the next few days.

Linde said...

That is so funny about the bug smashing! She is getting so big and looks so grown up! Amazing!

Dave and Kathryn Dodds said...

We've got the same problem! I get nervous sometimes with how violent the killings can be...:( Anyway, we're working on it.
I just showed Abby's all of Katelyn's bracelets so she would get excited to use Cameron's links too! She is TOTALLY into dressing up! Katelyn's so cute! I wish our girls could hang out!