this birthday was much anticipated by katelyn. all we had to do was say the words presents and cake in the same sentence, and she was sold. all she could talk about for weeks was that she wanted to eat a white cake on her birthday and open candy for her presents. not too demanding, and definitely something we could handle.
we did do a little more than white cake and candy though. that morning we took her to eat at denny's where she ordered some chocolate milk and pancakes with chocolate chips.




tyler had to study most of the day, but when he came home we gave her her tinkerbell cake and let her open and play with her presents. she loved the cake and really loved the frosting. that's actually all she ate when we gave her a piece of cake. and yes, we ordered way too much cake for our small family. i did ask if they made smaller cakes, but sadly, they didn't.




we love our sweet (and very sassy), giggly, happy, joyous, loving, sensitive, funny, stubborn little girl. seriously, she is one happy little thing. she (almost) always has a smile on her face and she really loves people and being around them. lately almost every other sentence out of her mouth has made me smile or laugh. what would we do without our katelyn?

11 comments:
Yay, happy late birthday Katelyn!! She is such a doll! I love that last picture of her too... she looks like she can hardly contain herself because with that amazing cake!!!
i second that--she ALWAYS has a grin on her face. she is really adorable. i can't believe how big she's getting.
Happy Late Birthday Katelyn! She is growing up so fast! Her cake is ADORABLE!! I think i want that one for my next birthday!
she is so cute! brooke,you guys make some really beautiful children!
3 years old already! I remember when we were all in Utah! Time goes by so fast! I'm glad she had a fun birthday!
Could she be cuter? Dan and I thought it was very fitting that someone who blood-related to Bastians would order chocolate milk and pancakes with chocolate chips. That sounds like MY kind of breakfast!
Wow, what a great cake!! She is so wonderful!
Wow, what a great cake!! She is so wonderful!
Very cute! I cannot believe she is already 3. I have to agree with you, Time seems to fly so fast while we watch our kids grow.
Such cute pictures. Love the cake and I'm sure she loved it too! Fun to to stuff like that.
Can't believe she is 3!
Happy birthday to Katelyn! Jeff and I just adore her sweet disposition. Can't believe that when we all move for residency she be nearly 5. What a cutie!
Post a Comment