Wednesday, October 14, 2009

just a little update

ah, the joys of motherhood. we've all heard that one right? and you know, whoever said it first, they're right. putting all of the tiredness, the impatience (on my part), the obsessive urge to clean up the messes, and the feeling of unpredictability aside, motherhood is a joy.

i love that i get to stay home with these little faces during the day. sure, they keep me busy, busy, busy, but at the end of the day i can say it's worth it.

i attempted to find a new place for tanner to sit. i thought he would enjoy the new scenery. it must have been a little too early for this toy because he mainly just put his head to the side as if he was refusing to look at the toys.




this is tanner's look. he is often found with a binky in his mouth and a concerned look on his face. and can you see how this poor kid is suffering through some major baby acne?

as for katelyn, i am trying to do a fun little craft with her everyday. it's my attempt to spend some quality time with her plus give her something new to do besides playing with her usual toys.
this days craft was a nature crown. we began our adventure outside collecting leaves, flowers and pieces of grass. i had to monitor what katelyn collected. for some reason she was most attracted to all of the dead leaves.






after we completed the craft i decided to take some pictures of us together with her new masterpiece. don't look too close at the pictures. my mirror is extremely dirty. i did say my kids keep me busy, right? not as much time for cleaning these days.




13 comments:

Jana said...

Tanner is so cute. I love his wide eyes. Katelyn is a doll, takes after her mom. What a fun idea to do a craft daily. How do you come up with the ideas?

Dave and Kathryn Dodds said...

So impressed! I can't even imagine how much mental work it is to entertain AND care for the 2 when one is a newborn. Honestly, I'm a little nervous about that adjustment myself! I can totally relate to the frustration of not being able to clean up! Motherhood is definitely something you have to experience to believe...
I love cute Tanner! All of Ryan's newborn pictures look concerned! He is such a cutie though! YOu look amazing too! And of course, Katelyn looks like her ever-charming self! I love the crown idea!

karla said...

Cute, cute pictures! Tanner is adorable! And what a fabulous idea to do a daily craft with Katelyn. :)

Becca said...

What a great crown!

Unknown said...

Brooke, you are and look SO CUTE!! Really, you look fantastic. And Tanner and Katelyn are so cute. I love the pictures you took of you and Katelyn. She must love spending time with you! Also, when you guys are up for it, we'd love to come and visit!

Linde said...

Tanner's look is hillarious!! So cute!!

Love the pictures of you and Katelyn. Those are darling. What a great mom you are doing projects with her!

I can relate with the cleaning thing.

Unknown said...

such a good idea. i love the pictures and you look awsome! give me a call if you want me to come get Kaitlyn, she can come play with M and Natty.

Heidi said...

You are such a good mother! Your kids are darling and it is obvious that motherhood suits you!

Sally said...

wow, i am impressed. i think i've had the thought about doing crafts and such with sam, but it usually only lasts about 1 day, and then i run out of crafts...
as for your question on my blog, i'll still post about the kids on my blog, but not as much. if you want to see their blogs, just send me your email address and i'll invite you to view them. (ndsmurfy@yahoo.com)

Elena said...

Tanner is very cute! I'm so impressed to see how you manage to care for and entertain your kids. I love the craft idea! I will have to do it with Natalie. I love following your blog. I blocked my blog recently, I would like to send you an invite if you can give me your email: elena.marvin@gmail.com.

Tiffany said...

what a beautiful baby! I love that you do a craft with your daughter every day. i really need to start doing something like that. thanks for the inspiration!

Debra said...

I love your pictures. Your kids are just adorable!

lindsi said...

What a cute mom you are! So great that you are taking the time to spend one-on-one time with Katelyn. Oh, and I love Tanner's expressions...priceless!