since the weather hasn't been very friendly this week, katelyn and i have spent the majority of our time locked up in our apartment. sub-zero temperatures really aren't my thing. neither are beanies for that matter, so we might as well just stay inside.
i did happen to venture out on one of the frigid days. i just couldn't go another day without stopping by the grocery store. let me tell you, it was freezing. i thought people were exaggerating when they said it gets cold here. but no, they weren't. -5 really is cold. i did put on a hat to go out that day and told myself i would take it off once i got inside the store. that didn't happen. it stayed on keeping my head all snuggly and warm. i didn't feel too out of place because apparantly when it's this cold, everyone shops for groceries with their beanies on.
i did happen to venture out on one of the frigid days. i just couldn't go another day without stopping by the grocery store. let me tell you, it was freezing. i thought people were exaggerating when they said it gets cold here. but no, they weren't. -5 really is cold. i did put on a hat to go out that day and told myself i would take it off once i got inside the store. that didn't happen. it stayed on keeping my head all snuggly and warm. i didn't feel too out of place because apparantly when it's this cold, everyone shops for groceries with their beanies on.
and when we weren't grocery shopping, we just messed around and took pictures of ourselves messing around.
playing in mommy's coat. it really does look better on her.
in preparation for the cold weather, we went out and found a hat and gloves for katelyn. the only hat i could convince her to wear was the doggie hat. not the best looking hat, but she wears it and loves it.
her first reaction to the hat and gloves.
they're a hit. she wants to keep them on all of the time. even when we're playing inside.
i'm not sure what she's expecting to see. the t.v. isn't even on.
now we're looking forward to those warmer temperatures next week. 20's and 30' here we come!
9 comments:
All Katelyn needs is a cowboy hat and a guitar, and she can go to New York and sing in Times Square with the real Naked Cowboy.
the weather is rather depressing, isn't it. oh well, though. i really think that doggy hat is great. i bet it's pretty hard to get frustrated with her when she's wearing it :)
I feel for you, I hate the cold! I remember living in Rexburg when it would get in the negative...that's to cold if you ask me. I can't believe how much Katelyn has grown! I'm sure I'll be the same as you with taking lots of pictures...only probably not as good. :) Glad you're staying warm.
isnt it funny how what used to be freezing in utah is 'okay' weather here? we definitly know what COLD is now huh? now we can be one of those annoying people that say, "cold? COLD? You should go to Wisconsin!" ... i really hope i dont ever say that.
The diaper and boots is hilarious! So cute with the doggie hat too!!
Good luck with the weather. It really is hard to be inside all the time.
there was a grad school there rob was checking out initially, but that cold sounds way too much for me. you have bragging rights forever. i love those pics of katelyn in the hat and gloves. what a cutie.
She is a cutie! I love the pigtails. Spencer stares at the tv too but usually he is pointing and starting to whine. They are sure fascinated by machines!
That is cold!! I don't like leaving the house when it's cold here. I would do very well living someplace like... Hawaii. Yeah, I could live in Hawaii. I would never have to be cold ever again. And you could move with me! I bet after experiencing that kind of cold you would totally move to Hawaii with me! :)
Cute!
Post a Comment